Nido Insurance Limited Disclosure Information
About Nido Insurance Limited
Nido Insurance Limited (FSP22101) trading as Nido Group is a Financial Advice Provider that holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
You can find Nido Insurance Limited listed on the Financial Service Providers Register at fsp-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz.
We’ve been in business since 2008 and our goal is to provide high quality insurance advice to individuals, families and businesses.
The conditions of the Nido Insurance Limited licence allow me to provide the following financial advice services:
- Personal Life Risk & Medical Insurance
- Pet insurance
Personal Life Risk & Medical Insurance
Nido Insurance Limited provides personalised advice that takes into account your individual circumstances to determine the personal risk products that best meet your personal goals and needs.
I follow a documented advice process that uses your personal situation to work out what’s important to you, what products you need and how much cover you should have in place.
I then recommend the provider that offers the cover most suited to your stated preferences.
Providers Nido Insurance Limited work with
Nido Insurance Limited have chosen to work with the following personal risk insurers:
- Partners Life
- Southern Cross
This means that Nido Insurance Limited will only consider the providers listed above when recommending a product to meet your personal risk insurance needs.
How I am paid
Nido Insurance Limited does not charge any upfront fees for my risk advice services. To ensure advice remains accessible, I am paid commission by the provider of any product you put in place on the back of my recommendation.
Nido Insurance Limited has chosen to work with Petplan with regards to pet insurance.
How I am paid
In place of an upfront fee, Nido Insurance Limited is paid a commission by Petplan from the premium you pay for any pet insurance you put in place on the back of my recommendation.
How I manage conflicts of interest and put your interests first
The services Nido Insurance Limited offer are provided free of charge to my clients. This is because Nido Insurance Limited is paid by the providers when one of their products is taken up on the back of my recommendation.
Although Nido Insurance Limited is paid by the providers, I always put your interests first:
- I follow a proven 6-step advice process that puts my client’s needs at the heart of the advice process
- I identify and disclose the maximum level of commission I may get on the back of my recommendation
- If my recommendation involves replacing cover, I will provide a comparison of covers and explain what the recommended provider offers that your existing cover does not. I will also let you know if there is anything your existing provider covers that the recommended provider will not.
- All my recommendations are provided in writing with an explanation as to how they are based on your individual needs
- Nido Insurance Limited completes internal and external reviews of my advice process to ensure I follow a thorough review process that puts client interest first.
Under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, it is the duty of Nido Insurance Limited to ensure I:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure I have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by my own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
- exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as I should and to provide you with suitable advice.
What if something goes wrong
I value the ability of my clients to provide feedback about the service they have received as well as the opportunity to put it right when they are unhappy with any aspect of my service.
If you would like to raise concerns about the service you have received, I have an internal complaint process that I will follow when I receive your formal complaint.
My internal process involves:
- Requesting your complaint in writing
- Acknowledging the receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of receiving it.
- Investigating your concerns by speaking with all the involved parties and reviewing all the documentation I hold on file.
- Providing a formal written response within 28 days of acknowledging your concerns.
If you would like to make a complaint, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of my internal complaints process, you are able to escalate it to my dispute resolution scheme:
Scheme: Financial Services Complaints Ltd
Address: Level 4, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011
Tel: 0800 347 257
They are an independent dispute resolution service provider that helps resolve complaints about financial service providers, free of charge.